Saturday, January 24, 2009

One day at a time

one day at a time Pictures, Images and Photos I started back to weight watchers on Jan. 14th. I had not been to a meeting since September 2008. It was so nice to see many of my old friends still coming and being faithful to the mission of reaching a set goal, Of making the weight loss a Healthy Living Life change. Understand any one can lose weight! Any one. It's what you do once you have lost to your goal that COUNTS. That's why I love weight watchers so much. Because it teaches you how to live, How to eat. It addresses the why you are over weight in the first place! EMOTIONAL EATTING I bet is at the top of the list. I am good at that one. If I get bored or do not plan my days as needed, I will get bored and then run to food for comfort.We all know how comforting food can be. Food use to be my BEST FRIEND, I could count on it to boost me up everytime. But, it just never lasted, I need more and more to satisfy me. As kids growing up we might have been raised by a food pusher! Granny pushed her pies and cakes and gravy and biscuits. Our Mama's would push fried this or that. We are all creatures of what we learned. So I am here to tell you know matter your age you can learn again! Learn to finally look in the mirror and say, I am not happy with what I see. I deserve better! I am going to love myself as Jesus does and He wants me healthy, strong, and he wants me to fill myself with LIFE and his word! Did you know that overeatting is a SIN! Yep, hate to be the bearer of bad news but in his word he says:
OVERCOMING OVEREATING SCRIPTURES


"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Mat. 4:4

"My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. Job 23:12

"Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." Jn. 4:34

"If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land." Is. 1:19

"The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb." Ps. 19:9-10

"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" Ps. 119:103

"For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." Rm. 14:17

"For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence." Romans 14:20

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:" Col. 2:16

"Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances, (Touch not; taste not: handle not; Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men? Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship and humility, and neglecting of the body; not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh." Col. 2:20-23

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth;" Col. 3:1-5a

"Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein." Heb. 13:9

"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." Jn. 14:23

"Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness." Acts 14:17

"Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;" -2 Cor. 9:10

"And having food and raiment let us be therewith content." 1 Tim. 6:8

"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life; he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst." Jn. 6:35

"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed." John 6:27

"I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it." Ps. 81:10

"O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is not want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing." Ps. 34:8-10

"Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's." -Ps. 103:5

"(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)" Philip. 3:18-19

"A FALSE balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight." Prov. 11:1

"Ye shall do no righteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure." -Lev. 19:35
"You shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in measures of length or weight or quantity." Lev. 19:35 (Amplified)

"Thou shalt not have in thy bag divers weights, a great and a small." -Deut. 25:13

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Mat. 5:6

"HO, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not meat? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness." Is. 55:1

I did manage to lose a Healthy 2 lbs my first week back. It isn't easy by no means, but God sure does help me through this daily and fills me up with his righteousness and love daily!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home